Thursday 25 October 2012

Handmade Halloween Card - How to Make Castle Crenelations

The instructions on how to make the Halloween Ghost with Full Moon card are in my previous posting. Here I will show you how to make the castle crenelations for this card. See further bellow.





To make this card you will need:

  • White card paper (15 x 30cm)
  • Dark blue card paper (15 x 15cm)
  • Black card paper (approx. 15 x 15cm)
  • White card paper with slightly greyish tone for the ghost (approx. 8 x 8 cm)
  • 4 green adhesive gems (I used gems 2mm thick)
  • Mango yellow card paper for the full moon (approx. 10 x 10 cm)
  • Double sided tape
  • Craft foam pads (I used Stix 2mm thick) 

I have set up and online shop - CRAFT MAGIC ONLINE SHOP- on my blog (top right corner). You can now purchase many crafting supplies right here. The shop is powered by Amazon, so you would be making the purchase through Amazon. I have just selected (and sorted into various categories) crafting products that Amazon sells. My blog's shop is divided into 2 parts; one offers paper crafting and scrapbooking supplies and the other one is for crafty kids and offers variety of beautiful crafty kits and products designed for children. 



Instructions on how to make castle crenelations:



To make castle crenelations for my Halloween Ghost card, draw a rectangle 15 x 7.5 cm on a black card. Then measure 7 even spaces on the long side of the rectangle (15cm). [15/7 = 2.14] Measure 7 spaces of approximately 2.14 cm. The depth of the crenelations is 2cm. Cut the crenelations out.

To make uneven edge crenelations follow following instructions.
Bellow is a reminder on how to make an uneven cut border. I copied this part from my previous posting of Halloween Spider Card, so the shape of the black card in the picture bellow is different to the castle crenelations, not to confuse you. Just apply the same technique as used previously on the black stripes for the Halloween Spider card on the crenelations. It is up to you whether you like to create the uneven edge on all of the crenelations or just some.


A                             B                              C
Cut irregular wavy shape into the edge of the card paper (A). Then cut in randomly irregular triangle shapes (B). And the uneven cut edge for the card is done (C). See picture above.




In my next posts I will show you in detail how to draw the bat. This will complete the instructions on how to make my Halloween Ghost Card. This will be followed by couple handmade Halloween Treat Bags. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we will try and get back to you where we can.